Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
We are looking for an Apparel Product Creation Manager W/M to:
- Lead Men’s Apparel consumer concept strategy with Brand team while aligning with other Product Creation Managers (Women’s, Accessories, Bags & Packs) and business units whenever possible in order to create synergies and scale
- Through a consumer centric lens, influence and guide the future of our sports with a strong consideration for the impact on apparel
- Deliver clear and complete product briefs to project groups, and then oversee execution of brief within the project groups
You will work in close collaboration with our Salomon Apparel and Gear department.
You will report directly to the Product Creation Manager.
- Consumer-centric: Your first responsibility as product manager is to identify and formalize the wants and needs of our consumers, in and out of sport. Identify trends, consumer and practice needs / evolution with solutions on how this is translated in Men Apparel range.
- Product roadmap definition: Develop a product feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of consumer needs. Create and pilot your global offer and write the master plan at 36 months with the merchandising managers.
- Category strategy and vision: Define and prioritize product ideas. Create and effectively champion a data-driven and market-informed product vision, strategy and brief.
- Seasonal Guidance: Provide early directional brief to allow Merchandising, Marketing, and Commercial teams to collaborate effectively and deliver a full seasonal business solution with the necessary tools to deliver a strong consumer experience while meeting the financial expectation of our wholesale and retail partners.
- Project management: Oversee project management in strong partnership with project leaders in order to secure execution of the product brief
- Leadership: Set the strategic direction for our apparel consumer products while developing product roadmaps in partnership with other Salomon business stakeholders
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on complex product specifications while accounting for design challenges and external dependencies. Accountable for product data sheet information (PIM; Product Information Management)
- Collaborate: Partner with Development, Pattern, Design, and Program Management leaders throughout completion of milestones while connecting with downstream data consumers to deliver optimal results
- Cross category (Business Unit) alignment: Promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums (e.g., user groups, tech talks, design reviews, internal blogs)