Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Mavic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
We are looking for a Material Developer Assistant W/M to assist Material Development Manager on the development of materials : fabric & trims.
Key reponsabilities :
- Creation of the EMEA sourcing material library.
- Fabric development for the brands Salomon, Atomic, Armada, Wilson. SS21 & FW21 ranges.
Essential duties :
- Build the EMEA material library,
- Request all hangers to EMEA T2 suppliers,
- Store all hangers in the dedicated EMEA material room,
- Reference all hangers in excel file based on the ID spec designation.
- Fabric development
- Fabric development based on fabric brand brief FW21/SS22
- Fabric development with T2 suppliers to buy ready approval
- Monitor fabric laboratory tests for buy ready approval
- Administrative tasks ( MNR, ID Specs, hangers preparation, etc … )
Simultaneously, the intern will collaborate to the projects entrusted by the company (event organization).
You will report directly to the Sourcing Manager.