- Corps de métierLogistique
- Type de contractStage conventionné
Description du poste
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reports to: Europe Sr. Planning Analyst
Date : February/March 2024, for 6 months (depending on your availability)
Hybrid work : Office based, up to 2 days Work from Home
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Located in our EMEA headquarters in Geneva (Switzerland), the Supply Chain department covers distribution operations of our Columbia and Sorel brands for our European market and our international distributors. The department includes around 20 people and is split into 3 teams: Regional Logistics, Demand Planning Europe, and International Distributors Operations.
The Regional Supply Chain team goal is to provide our Customers and Consumers with our entire Outdoor Apparel and Footwear portfolio with the best possible service and efficiency. Meeting this objective will require our teams to plan our Demand volume, execute a Production plan, handle Customer orders, and distribute our products up to the final delivery, according to business requirements. Finally, we constantly measure and improve our performance over time in order to meet our business goals.
ABOUT THE JOB
During this 6 months internship, you will get exposure to the different challenges the supply chain is facing and will assist the teams in 2 different ways :
Help with operational and daily tasks to ensure a good level of Service and to grow your field knowledge. Work on specific projects to improve our supply chain processes.
Immersing yourself in the day-to-day job will give you the opportunity to cover the following operations:
- Manage the fulfilment of orders, Inventory and forecasts of current & future seasons
- Track Ocean shipments with a regular update on departure from Origin to arrival dates in ports of discharge in Europe.
- Closely monitor Regional Distribution & Transportations operations within our facilities all over Europe.
To improve our supply chain processes, you will work on continuous improvement initiatives such as:
- Generate Statistical forecast & sponsoring its usage with business partners.
- Automate & simplify forecasting & fulfillment processes.
- Improve analytics capability on our end-to-end Supply Chain Monitoring
- Develop new dashboards to measure and improve our forecasting process & our Distribution operations performance
To help you achieve your goals and make the most of your internship, you will be coached and supported by experienced and knowledgeable professionals from our Supply Chain & Logistics teams. You will evolve in a dynamic international environment that offers an open and family-like atmosphere.
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in a relevant field of study, such as Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration
- You are looking for a 6-month internship within the consumer goods or fashion industry.
- You are fluent in English (written & oral).
- You feel at ease using data analytics tools (Excel, PowerBI, Alteryx would be a plus) and can demonstrate your problem-solving skills.
- You are very good at communicating with your colleagues and are enthusiastic about teamwork.
- You are a self-motivator, pro-active, and eager to learn and to contribute to new projects.
This internship must be as part of your studies, with an internship agreement delivered by your school/university. You need to be available for a 6-months period with the agreement from your school (Convention de stage)
READY FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE? APPLY AND JOIN US !
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Contact & candidature
READY FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE? APPLY AND JOIN US ! Link to apply directly :